Career Conversations to improve retention and employee development
Quality career conversations can stimulate behaviour change, and increase self-awareness and a sense of agency in employees. Career conversations:
- Improve retention of employees by accessing what motivates them to build job alignment
- Evaluate career drivers and self-assessed skill development for development and training planning
- Help employees to connect with what matters to them so that they can feel they are working there “on purpose”
CareerEQ career specialists can work with your people one on one or run career workshops.
Or we can train your internal HR talent coaches to have career conversations using our CareerIntelligence process. This is ideal if you wish to:
- Build internal career conversations capability as part of a culture improvement strategy
- Understand employee ‘fit’ and job alignment when redeployment is critical
- Get to know your employees better and understand what makes them ‘tick’.
Our CareerIntelligence online assessment is ideal for internal career conversations and coaching. It is used by HR or coaching professionals because it offers a person-centric, holistic career review process that builds trust and engagement.
Our Assessment licensing training covers the theory and research that sits behind the assessment, guidance on how to use the assessment so that confidentiality is assured for the employee, and goals and objectives are made to ensure outcome clarity.
Being licensed will give you access to your own online assessment portal giving you:
- A private portal for the manager or Learning and Development specialist to send, store and manage assessments autonomously
- A fully researched and tested career development assessment and PDF report
- A cost-effective assessment designed to help employees to be ‘on track’ in their careers and add value at work.
Check out our next training dates.
Career Conversations workshops and training:
Career Planning for Teams in Change:
There is no longer a clear game-plan for the future of careers. Technology is changing so rapidly that it is difficult for people to navigate an uncertain work landscape. This training offers employees an opportunity to evaluate their careers, identify what motivates them and establish a career development strategy. It also covers developing workplace competencies, career sustainability, and the concept of psychological flexibility.
This training can help teams of employees develop the resilience and career clarity required when organisational change and uncertainty impact. Training emphasises employees taking responsibility for their own career decisions, work engagement, and performance.
Career Conversations for Managers:
Career conversations for managers who are busy, is challenging and difficult to get right. Using the Career Intelligence model for Career Conversations developed around the CareerEQ Career Intelligence Assessment, managers can bring a holistic approach to their career conversations with employees. This training is a 3-hour activity.
“We continue to receive overwhelmingly positive feedback on the incorporation of the Career Intelligence assessment within our Career Coaching programmes. The assessment and targeted coaching provides such valuable and applicable information to support career decision-making, as we are witnessing with our recent large-scale project where this has been offered to 100 staff. Once we secured the necessary buy-in, through a series of launch-pad workshops with engaging and purposeful activities demonstrating the benefit of personal insight, participants have expressed appreciation for the clarity and framework for self-reflection, and the constructive foundation for career conversations and proactive development.”
A note to say thank you for the workshop on Saturday as part of Arts Regional Trust | Te Taumata Toi-a-iwi; ART Venture programme. It was fabulous to work with you again. I particularly enjoyed and appreciated how you interlaced the MBTI information with personal anecdotes in an open and empathetic way to our situation and the group.